Check (it) mate!

Woo! Today I got to play my first game of chess in probably five years.
Charlie came up with it yesterday evening as we talked on MSN: I was looking up Latin proverbs on Wikipedia what made her remark that I needed a hobby. And probably I do. Anyway, I was then asked if I played chess. 'Yeah, of course I do', I went and so I ended up having a go against Charlie at the bistro today.
The other big thing that happened today was the Japanese oral exam. We all met at the bistro and first me and Joel sang some happy and cheerful songs which really put me into the right mood for the karaoke. Charlie and I who were scheduled for pretty much the same time then went off to JC's office where we already could hear the voice of a tortured soul through the door...^^
But it was pretty easy actually, I only had to repeat one sentence in the reading pasage.
In the end we came to the long-awaited karaoke part. JC passed over the microphone, I took it with a 'ganbarimasu!' to which JC replied smilingly: 'I'm sure, you will! But leave the roof on...'
Made me sing my whole passage with a huge grin on my face... lol