------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Lone learner


Today's first half wasn't too good: it was charactarised by emesis and diarrhoea which tied me to either the bed or the toilet...
Fortunately it got better by two in the afternoon and so I tried going for a little walk just to get some fresh air and it was really good.
At around four then I met Joel, Chris and Charlie and we wanted to have a roast dinner at Charlie's place but we'd completely forgotten that it was Sunday and so both Iceland and KwikSave were closed by the time we got there. So we had sweet popcorn instead...^^
We were having a little review session for our exam tomorrow and actually I was able to do some review so it was useful. On the way home, after accompanying Joel down to the city, I decided to do some more and so I walked through the deserted nightly streets of Liverpool reviewing language learning theories while listening to the calm stains of Handel's Water Music. And that without a fag!
Whenever doing such lone heavy-duty learing it makes me long for a fag but I resisted! Yes!!!
Now I feel quite ready, tomorrow that'll be a climax of thought, an eruption of knowledge, a...
Well, better be going, the stew must be about to cook now...