Visit from Japan!

After I haven't put an entry onto my blog for already 3 (oh my god, three!! I could almost start nagging about that myself...haha) days finally some news again...
So, I came back to the Scousers in the evening of the 27th and spent a night sleeping in my room before I left L'pool again for London in the early morning of the 28th - and that had a reason: Ryoko, a friend from Japan is coming over to Britain to spend New Year's here and I went to the airport to pick her up.
The plane didn't arrive until the late afternoon and so I had most of the day to spend on my own, circling London sightseeing - St. Paul's Cathedral, Oxford Road, Tower Bridge... At half four then I went to Heathrow where I picked up Ryoko and it took us surely until half ten to come to Liverpool.
With all the omiyage (souvenirs) she'd brought from Japan it was like a late, second Xmas, hehe... loads of nice Japanese food! I'm almost a bit ashamed for my little box of chocolates I have for her...

The 29th was a bit lame unfortunately - Ryoko'd catch cold so we couldn't go out sightseeing and my role was rather that of a nurse than the desired one of the traveller's guide...
However, she was alright again today so we did all the sightseeing programme we had missed yesterday: The Anglican cathedral, the Catholic one, JMU, the St. John's precinct, the Mersey, the Beatles Story - Liverpool's not much of a tourist city but it's okay if you've lived here for some time and know where to go to...
Tomorrow's New Year's Eve - still to become better! Yey!!!
和訳:
もう3日間が記入を書かずに過ぎてから(もう3日間!もう少しで自分に文句を言えるくらい。。。^^)、やっとまたニュースを書く。。。
27日の夜にリバプールに帰って一夜だけ自分の部屋に寝てから、28日の朝にはもうまたリバプールを出てロンドンへ行った。それに理由がある:日本からの大事な友達のりょうこが俺と一緒にお正月を過ごしにイギリスに来てヒースロー空港まで迎えに行った。
飛行機が夕方まで着かなかったから時間があって、観光することにした:聖ポールの大聖堂、オクスフォード通り、タワーブリッジの橋。。。3時半にヒースロー空港に行ってりょうこに会った。リバプールに帰るまで10時半になった。たくさんのお土産をもらって遅いクリスマスプレセントみたいだった^^。。。おいしい和食いっぱい!それに比べれば、りょうこにあげたチョコレートが本当につまらない物だった。。。
残念ながら29日には何もできなかった~りょうこが風邪を引いていてベッドで寝て俺が看病をした。観光できなかった。。。
でも、翌日にまた元気が出てリバプールでよく観光したよ:英国国教会の大聖堂、カトリックの大聖堂、JMU大学、聖ジョンのデパート、マージー川、ビートルズの博物館~残念だけどリバプールには名所が少ない。でも、何ヶ月リバプールに住んでちょっと知ったら大丈夫だと思う。。。
明日は大晦日~今日よりさえ楽しくなるはずだ!!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home