------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Saturday, December 17, 2005

Wellness day



Today I had a really nice wellness day! After looking for pools/saunas in the are of Liverpool in the internet I decided for Peter Lloyd Leisure Centre not far from Kensington and got there this moring. With a pool, a sauna, showers, toilets, changing rooms and a buffet it's really basic but it's also cheap, especially with student discount! Coming to a pool was good but the best thing was the sauna: a small but nice nordic sauna with eighty-odd degrees and dry air. I hadn't been to a sauna since I came to Britain so it was really great!! Although, especially when they splosh the water over the heater, it was hotter than I was used to. For those of you who have seen the Ranma episode where Ranma loses his strength through a moxa burn and gets it back through the 'Tokyo Grandpa Point'... that's how it felt... lol
Another good thing about that rather Spartan place is that you can get in touch with the local population. All very nice lads, one with a heavy Preston/Blackpool accent, a couple of Liverpool accents... Since most of the people I know are rather from the south or from the Midlands understanding those guys was a bit of a challenge but it was okay...^^ Of course I got my obligatory 'Your English is pretty good mate!' kudos but to which extent they're true and how much of it is mere 'Jouzu desu ne...' waffle I can't know of course...
Anyway, it was a nice experience and I think of going there again sometime.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home