ぶらぶらの一日
Today, JMU's lecturers were on strike. Overworked, undervalued, underpaid, as the sign on the photo says, so it was the teacher's assotiation's goal to get higher wages for their teachers in the future. I'm not generally a supporter of strikes but somtimes it's gotta be I think...If you want to find out more about it, you can find infos on http://www.aut.org.uk/
For me it meant no lectures 'til noon, so I could do some revising before going in.
In the 12 o'clock lecture Angela Davies well pissed me off by inventing a kanji reading and then insisting on it. She claimed that でかける was a reading of the kanji 「出」. Nonsense! Although it's often written 出かける and therefore looks like a reading of 「出」 it's not! It is a word using 「出」 but no reading! Properly, with all the kanji in it, でかける would be written 出掛ける. 2 kanji --> でかける = no reading of 「出」. But no, Angela is always right, of course. I just wish she'd look it up in a kanji book though cos any single one of them would (or should) tell her what I just wrote. But, alright, I know it so never mind.
Anyways, after uni we (Joel, Chris, me) went down to town and Joel invited us to his flat so we spent the late afternoon playing on the PS2, listening to music and taking loads of funny pics. I've picked some out.

Chris - almost a professional... spiderman!
I have also done some work on the blog, the newest updates include a Liverpool webcam (which is acutally not working at the moment but not because I've screwed the html code but because the source's down) so that my chaps can always see the newest pics from the pool and three 'weather pixies' telling you about the current weather situation in Liverpool (GB), Vieanna (A) and Kumamoto (J). The pixies are Charlie's idea, she's using one on her blog. It's really nice that someone always inspires me to something!!


6 Comments:
Lol, only insane people are inspired by me.
Can you help me with the html code so that i can put up maybe a Cambridge or Liverpool webcam up, please?
By
ミス・イギリス, at Wednesday, 08 March, 2006
no prob, i'll talk to you on msn
By
Global Bernie, at Wednesday, 08 March, 2006
if you're around, now would be good. I'm editing my template right now.
By
ミス・イギリス, at Wednesday, 08 March, 2006
Teachers=greedy basts
Joel=OMG gay XD
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 09 March, 2006
gay??
By
Global Bernie, at Thursday, 09 March, 2006
Where's the toilet paper post!:D
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 09 March, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home