------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Thursday, March 16, 2006

漢字読むのが大変。。。

Since December I'm reading Japanese books again, partially for kanji reading practice, partially for Japanese practice in general. I've started with 小さい魔女, the Japanese translation of the German childrens' story 'Die kleine Hexe', which I can recommend to anyone on our course who's done Japanese before and is willing to do some guessing/looking up. The book has furigana throughout and the storyline isn't too complicated - officially for for 3rd/4th year of 小学校 (primary school). After stepping up to a 小学校5・6 book (ナタリーは秘密の作家) I finally started reading an unsimplified book in February. A first for me and there's a lot to look up or to guess which is a bit bothersome but it's possible to get pretty much of the contents.

For good English learning resources credits to BBC - I'm a big fan of BBC7 now, a radio station that brings loads of readings in English - mostly in Recieved Pronunciation (a.k.a. Queen's English - Standard English - Oxford English). So it's great pronunciation practice too and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants to polish up his RP before the Phonetics/Phonology exam. You can find a link to the live stream in the menu on the right (quite at the bottom)...

1 Comments:

  • apparently the Queen no longer speaks queen's english(!) see:http://www.phon.ucl.ac.uk/home/estuary/queen.htm

    see: http://www.engrish.com/ for some non-standard english!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 17 March, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home