Limericks

Today I thought I'll learn some British culture again, this time something very typical - Limericks.
The limerick is an old verse form that follows the meter
da-dadada-dadada-dada,
da-dadada-dadada-dada,
da-dadadada,
da-dadadada,
da-dadada-dadada-dada.
As I always do when I want to read an informative small to medium-sized article about something I wikipediaed it and found some nice examples. Only that the better limericks are often quite dirty.
The limerick packs laughs anatomical
Into space that is quite economical.
But the good ones I've seen
So seldom are clean
And the clean ones so seldom are comical.
There were also some examples of non-English limericks but they were mostly French and nothing Japanese at all - enough to get my creative facility started. Here's a limerick that I made up today
再々おならをした
松下の人がいた
ゲップもしたい
でもできない
そりゃ残念だなと言った。
Saisai onara o shita
Matsushita no hito ga ita.
Geppu mo shitai,
Demo dekinai,
Sorya zannen da na to itta.
14 Comments:
There was a man from China
Who wasn't a very good climber
He sliped on a rock
and fell on his cock
and now he has a vagina.
By
ミス・イギリス, at Saturday, 11 March, 2006
Popeye the sailor man,
he lives in a caravan,
he bangs all the women,
and that's why he's grinnin,
he's popeye the sailor man!
By
Anonymous, at Saturday, 11 March, 2006
There was a man from Nantucket,
Whose cock was so big he could suck it.
While wiping his chin,
He said with a grin,
If my ear was a cunt, I could fuck it...
By
Anonymous, at Saturday, 11 March, 2006
Popeye the sailor man,
he lives in a caravan,
when he gets chilly
he cuddles his willy
he's popeye the sailor man!
omg I used to sing them in primary school!
By
ミス・イギリス, at Sunday, 12 March, 2006
Popeye the sailor man,
He lives in a caravan,
He turned out the light,
And stood in some shite,
He's Popeye the sailor man!
lol
By
Global Bernie, at Sunday, 12 March, 2006
yea, that one sucks
By
ミス・イギリス, at Sunday, 12 March, 2006
popeye the sailorman,
he lives in a caravan,
from schoolgirl to granny
he likes any fanny,
he's popeye the sailorman
By
Anonymous, at Sunday, 12 March, 2006
popeye za seiraa man,
he rives in a calaban,
flom hong kong to bankok,
he'll work rike a lobot,
he's popeye za seiraa man!
By
Anonymous, at Sunday, 12 March, 2006
Der Rhyme is fett, der Rhyme is fett.
P.S.:Die Affen haben die Weltherrschaft übernommen.
MFG Dr. Dangerous aka Mr. Nice aka The Negrotiator aka Juan Hulio La Palmas aka El Ninio aka The Incredible aka The Man who will bring The Blitzkrieg back to Britain
By
Anonymous, at Monday, 13 March, 2006
The German monkey called "Fuhrer",
Was a big twat, I assure ya,
For his poor country's glory,
He did things so gory,
And just made it poorer and poorer.
By
Global Bernie, at Monday, 13 March, 2006
Its psycho. I may be off my nut but I do know what a limerick is. It is a light humorous, nonsensical, or bawdy verse of five anapestic lines. It does not necessarily have to follow that meter. Limerick is a corruption of Learic, from Edward Lear (1812-88) English humorist who popularized the form. Earliest examples are in French. First record of the word is in a letter of Aubrey Beardsley.
There once was an old man of Esser,
Whose knowledge grew lesser and lesser,
It at last grew so small
He knew nothing at all,
And now he's a college professor.
Yours in violence and pedantry, Psycho.
By
Anonymous, at Monday, 13 March, 2006
Well done, Psyches - but I've already known before that you're dead intelligent. If you could only stop insulting and threatening people you'd be the perfect student...
Well done anyway. If you find any more mistakes in my statements please let me know 'cause I'm grateful for any correction and contribution I can get.
By
Global Bernie, at Monday, 13 March, 2006
There was a young bard from Japan
Whose limericks never would scan.
When asked why this was,
He said 'It's because
I always try to fit as many syllables into the last line as ever possibly I can.'
By
Anonymous, at Tuesday, 14 March, 2006
Good one!!
By
Global Bernie, at Tuesday, 14 March, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home