Please please me...
After a normal Thursday at work (well, it was a bit more work than on a standard Thursday) I went home to phone my peepz in Austria with that cool new internet telephone software with which you can make calls to landlines in many countries for free. Cheers Jamie for the tip! Since the call duration was limited to 1 minute I had to redial every minute but since it's for free that's fair enough.Around 6, Joel called me and asked me if I wanted to come round Jamie's, so I went and we drank lager and cider and played games on Jamie's Gamecube.
About an hour later we went to the Scream - a Japanese Society Thursday night like every week one might think but this time we soon went down to the Cavern Club where they had Beatles substitutes playing live on the stage and they were pretty good. Even the guitars looked the same as the Beatles' originals. Just when they played that one Beatles song I always wanted to find out the name of and aked Charlie and she didn't know, that was somewhat a disappointment.
After a few pints and photos we moved on to the Reflex 80s bar where I didn't stay long anymore because I'd had enough and was tired. So I went home and while walking I managed to remember a few of the words of the Beatles song, enough to google it, find out the name and download it. It's "Please please me". And now it's in my collection, woo!!
This morning, as was to expect, I felt slightly hungover but it got better, good enough for me to manage to study in the library. After the Phonetics seminar, Josh went nuts again, punched himself and rolled on the floor. Crass.
Nonetheless we went to Toukyou, the new Japanese noodle bar in Liverpool, afterwards where you can get set meals for 5 quid and free green tea. And the food was quite good!



2 Comments:
"went home because I was tired" = I was pissed as a fart!
By
ミス・イギリス, at Friday, 17 March, 2006
i was tired too, after all...^^
By
Global Bernie, at Friday, 17 March, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home