A nice Easter weekend!
While on Friday I spent most of my day shopping and there wasn't much intersting to take photos of (although of course Austrian beer and sausages are interesting too^^) on Saturday I went skiing with my brother and once again I was impressed by the nice view. Luckily the weather was perfect, it was warm and there was still enough snow to enjoy yourself. Of course I took photos there. As the sun was shining all day and the snow reflected and thereby fortified the sunrays by the end of the day I had a nice sunburn. But I don't mind since my sunburns always turn into nice tans within a few days. On Saturday evening then I went to a class reunion, the first one in a long time and it was really interesting to hear what all my old schoolmates are doing now. And of course it was great fun joking about our teachers and stuff...
What a nice view...

A few sunrays later - I look like a lobster thrown in a pot...
Class reunion on Saturday evening
Sunday then was relaxing day. My parents, my brother and I went to a thermal spring in Bad Schallerbach, the one I like best in Upper Austria, where they have a range of saunas and warm baths. Just the right thing for a cloudy afternoon and evening. Since in Austrian saunas it is common to be naked I'm sure you understand why I don't have any photos of there :)
After some good relaxation we went to Germany on Monday, more precisely to the city of Nuremberg. This city might be known by some as one of the headquarters of the Fuhrer some 70 years ago and also the place where our human rights were first formulated after the war but it's also got loads of nice old buildings, a historical city centre and the house where the famous artist and painter Albrecht Durer lived. And since it is in Bavaria, the sausages and the beer are great!! In fact Nuremberg is the place where the German 'Bratwurst' was invented...
After some good relaxation we went to Germany on Monday, more precisely to the city of Nuremberg. This city might be known by some as one of the headquarters of the Fuhrer some 70 years ago and also the place where our human rights were first formulated after the war but it's also got loads of nice old buildings, a historical city centre and the house where the famous artist and painter Albrecht Durer lived. And since it is in Bavaria, the sausages and the beer are great!! In fact Nuremberg is the place where the German 'Bratwurst' was invented...

Inside Albrecht Durer's house - where they've reconstructed the furniture of his times. Here the kitchen...




0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home