Tourist Sunday
Today was travelling day again, this time I went to Southport which lies in about the same distance to Liverpool as Chester but not to the South but to the North. Although it doesn't have as much to offer as Chester, it is a nice little seaside resort town. The city centre's nothing special, mostly shopping opportunities of all kinds on the high streets, nothing you wouldn't find in other cities as well. Southport's peculiarity is it's seaside which boasts an amusement park, a tramway out to the pier head (yes, a tramway, you've read right, the line's only about a mile long, connecting the shore's amusement park with the pier head) and a nice artificial lake just in from the beach. It all could have been more impressive, but to be fair, the weather wasn't as nice as it had been last week - had it been I'd probably have enjoyed myself better. Still it was a nice day and I'd recommend the place for a weekend at the seaside - especially since Crosby's not far too.

...and the tramway that leads there

I've never seen such a big swarm of birds before!

Typical seaside resort view: minigolf course in front of a hotel building

View on the Marine Lake from Kings Gardens, a nice, small park

And a curious architectural sample: since I came to Britain it was for the first time that I saw such a colourful, plastered building the architecture of wich quite reminds me of Austria.
The city of Linz is full of it...

...and the tramway that leads there

I've never seen such a big swarm of birds before!

Typical seaside resort view: minigolf course in front of a hotel building

View on the Marine Lake from Kings Gardens, a nice, small park

And a curious architectural sample: since I came to Britain it was for the first time that I saw such a colourful, plastered building the architecture of wich quite reminds me of Austria.
The city of Linz is full of it...
P.S.: Happy Birthday, Joel!!!
Joke of the day: What goes "Clop, clop, clop, BANG, clop, clop, clop?" An Amish drive-by shooting!
Joke of the day: What goes "Clop, clop, clop, BANG, clop, clop, clop?" An Amish drive-by shooting!


18 Comments:
It wouldn't be a ps then? :-)
By
Global Bernie, at Monday, 01 May, 2006
actually, trams are quite common in England. you can find them in places such as Manchester, Nottingham and very soon, Liverpool. They're spending 3 mill on a new tram network in the pool.
By
ミス・イギリス, at Monday, 01 May, 2006
Really? Are we getting a tram?? Cooooool...
Where's it going to run?
By
Global Bernie, at Monday, 01 May, 2006
trams only run within a city/town etc. at least to my knowledge. the trams i've ever been on (...berlin) only stayed within the city. i should imagine it'll be to and from major tourist attractions- the cathedrals, the cavern, the town centre etc
By
ミス・イギリス, at Monday, 01 May, 2006
ps - the coloured buildings- they're a sea-side thing. apart from in Suffolk where cottages are quite often painted in a special shade of pink called 'Suffolk Pink'. aptly named, ne?
By
ミス・イギリス, at Monday, 01 May, 2006
Trams=buses but faster. They have em in sheffield. Last time i was there some bloke got hit by one apparently. Bit harder to stop em ya see...
And Amish shootings are nothing to laugh about son.
By
1234321, at Tuesday, 02 May, 2006
Trams=buses but a lot faster. True. And no traffic jams. And environmentally friendlier (depending on how the electricity was generated of course). And normally it's easier to ride without a ticket :) I think every city of a certain size should have one.
@Charlie: Suffolk pink, Southport blue or whatever, I like plastered, coloured houses, they look well nice.
@Chris: I didn't know you were a man of the land and into discipline? :p
By
Global Bernie, at Tuesday, 02 May, 2006
With a bible in my and a beard on my chin.
YO! Peace out. Word up. Etc. lol.
By
1234321, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Interesting website with a lot of resources and detailed explanations.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Hey what a great site keep up the work its excellent.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home