------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

And warmly it shines...

Today was the warmest day in Liverpool so far this year - it must have had well over 15 degrees and the sun was shining - and so I went down to the bank of the Mersey to study, sprawling out on the wide, spacious lawns there. If the weather stays as it is, May's gonna be a great month for studying... and relaxing!




Joke of the day:
The boss complained in a staff meeting that he didn't get any respect. The next morning he taped a small sign to his door that read, "I'm The Boss." When he returned from lunch, he found that someone had stuck a Post-It on his new sign: "Your wife called. She wants her sign back!"

17 Comments:

  • Its psycho..... sorry i haven't written any pendantic comments on your sight for a while. I dislocated my wrist whilst destroying this wall. For what its worth(probaly absolutely f all) I know of several other meanings for the word 'boss':

    V.transitive: To control someone
    v.intransitive: to act as a supervisor.

    These verbal uses prdate the nounal ones.
    Scousers also 'misuse' the lexeme as an adjective (a boss gym)

    In medieval english a boss is a raised area used for ornementation (architecture).

    The third, most obscure meaning is cow or calf. This ultimately comes from the latin root bos from which bovine is formed. you don't need to know this. ever.

    I am interested in improving international relations and am doing some work with some albanians and latvians at the moment. If you ever need to ask me anything about language just ask me........... i promise i won't hurt you:) I'm really going to try and seperate my violent life from my love of language from now on...........

    Psycho

    ps i like your site as it is quite educational.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 04 May, 2006  

  • Thanks, Psycho, I'll keep it in mind...

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Thursday, 04 May, 2006  

  • my wrist has really recovered now(from smacking walls, not from another activity that could involvde my wrist)so i'm going to tell you yet more interesting information!

    Your favourite country is also a noun!!!!!!!!!

    japan:

    1: a black enamel substance used to produce a durable glossy finish.

    2 v tr: to decorate with this substance.

    good luck with your exam,

    psycho

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 05 May, 2006  

  • Is it the substance I might know as 'lacquer'?

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Friday, 05 May, 2006  

  • Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • I say briefly: Best! Useful information. Good job guys.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Nice colors. Keep up the good work. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Nice idea with this site its better than most of the rubbish I come across.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Nice! Where you get this guestbook? I want the same script.. Awesome content. thankyou.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Very pretty design! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Greets to the webmaster of this wonderful site! Keep up the good work. Thanks.
    »

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home