------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Lightning in Liverpool

Today it was even hotter than yesterday, around 25 degrees (and that in the beginning of May!) but I couldn't enjoy it very much as I had to slave away at work. :p
And then, around six in the evening, I experienced my first thunderstorm in Britain. No, it's not those lighning bolts, I stole that photo from somewhere on the web. It wasn't that extreme, only two or three times a rumbling of thunder and really heavy rain.
The air always feels so fresh after thunderstorms...

Joke of the day:
As a thirsty man sat down at the bar, he overheard the man beside him order, "Another Waterloo." The bartender brought the fellow a tall, well-iced drink and then asked the newcomer what he wanted. Assuming he had latched on to a specialty of the house, he said, "I'll have a Waterloo." The bartender brought him his drink and he took a big drink. "Hey," he said, "this is no good. It's got no taste at all!" The man beside him looked at him and then said to the bartender, "Well, it is water. Right, Lou?"

12 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home