Shenme shenme yo, shenme yea...
So, today was finally the 'long awaited' Chinese exam. The first thing that went through my mind when I saw the teacher's slightly constipated look was 'oh, shit, that's gonna be harsh' but it wasn't that bad. The listening part was a bit tough as she was spooling off her texts really quickly but the rest was peace of piss! Wooo, maaai, dongxi!!After a bored last 15 mins or so (nothing left to do but picking my nose and writing a few rhymes in my head) we left uni and set out into a brill day. We all went down to town, Jamie needed a new mobile after he drowned his old one in beer (or done whatever to it - finally smashed it with a hammer!) and as 1) it was really sunny, 2) I was feeling like chilling out anyway and 3) I felt that overwhelming feeling of liberation that tends to follow exams urging me to waste time, I was up to it.
After going into a few mobile phone shops we went to KFC in St. Johns where I apparently said 'baaaaath' in the southern pronunciation which inevitably triggered the old conflict again - Charlie: Ooh, southerners are soo much better... - Jamie: No they're just pretending to be posh, northerners are better... and eventually resulted in Jamie KFCing Charlie - who obviously didn't find it funny. As I'd never seen it raining chicken before though, I couldn't help laughing. Sorry for that.
To make my personal stance clear: I don't think that either English is better, they're just two variations. As a matter of fact, southern accent might prove more beneficial if you wanna teach English abroad but in my opinion that's not justified. It's just the way the world would have it.
You guys should really think more cooperatingly and say things like 'Ooh, British English is soo much better than American English' in unison... lol.
Well, after Charlie going home - to wash off the chicken smell - and Joel going home to sleep, of course, Chris, Jamie and I used the rest of the day to saunter down to the docks, sit in the sun for a while and then finally going to the Maritime Museum. Jamie and I'd been planning to do so since Christmas. Entry's free, as is the case in most Liverpool museums, and so my pockets didn't get any emptier and inside we saw everything about the interesting history of seafaring, gambling, smuggling, emigration&immigration, WWII etc.
I even looked through the periscope of a submarine.
After a while though we'd seen most of it and went into separate directions, I decided to walk home and do some studying - and listen to some German hip hop again. Fette, fette Beats, fette Reime...

...moshi moshi?
Better photos hopefully soon on Chris's blog.
Joke of the day:
Three blondes, hiking in the woods, came upon some tracks. The first blonde asked, "Are those deer tracks?" The second said, "No, I think they are moose tracks." Before the third could answer, they all three got hit by the train!
Joke of the day:
Three blondes, hiking in the woods, came upon some tracks. The first blonde asked, "Are those deer tracks?" The second said, "No, I think they are moose tracks." Before the third could answer, they all three got hit by the train!


44 Comments:
"stimulating afternoon" "Liverpool Maritime Museum" Same sentence no go...:P
By
Chojin, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
Come on, it wasn't bad, was it? Or is it that hard to keep you entertained when no ladies are dancing around you? :p
By
Global Bernie, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
The second one....
The resi shotgun was ace though wasn't it.
By
Anonymous, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
yup.
By
Global Bernie, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
By badass boats ya mean the warships outside?
By
Global Bernie, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
Those weren't warships mate. They're frikkin navy coastguards lol.
By
1234321, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
I see. It's still navy though...
By
Global Bernie, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
U seen lets fighting love, yet slap ed?
By
Chojin, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
i think joel is a demi-god and i want to rape his anus at any interval i receive and also i love u bern cos i fancy a bit of austrian peeneye....and i have a warty bottom with various aids on it...hohohoho
By
Chojin, at Saturday, 13 May, 2006
really?
By
Global Bernie, at Sunday, 14 May, 2006
How remarkable! lol
By
Global Bernie, at Sunday, 14 May, 2006
There is no such thing as british english. Don't be so bloody daft. There is no such thing as english english as there is too much variation in the accents. Anyone who thinks they are better than someonelse just cos they pronounce a word better than someoneelse just cos they pronounce a word diffderently should have their kidneys ripped out. And this is just for starters. I do like your new haircut. Did you know scouse originally meant a type of soup with no meat potated by poor (liverpudlian) labourers? What do you call a blkond woman with two brain cells? pregnant.
By
Anonymous, at Sunday, 14 May, 2006
Do you have to be so serious all the time?
By
Global Bernie, at Sunday, 14 May, 2006
I see his point...
By
Chojin, at Sunday, 14 May, 2006
As do I. He still doesn't have to go on about ripping out kidneys, that's just as daft...
By
Global Bernie, at Sunday, 14 May, 2006
I mentioned the ripping the kidneys out to stress that i was just as daft as the person who suggested she thought she was better than southerners.... There is some kind of poetic term for it but i forgot it;)
By
Anonymous, at Monday, 15 May, 2006
It was Northerners actually. I find throwing chicken at her works just as good as the ripping of kidneys.
Just a thought...
By
Chojin, at Monday, 15 May, 2006
Actually, it was you, Jamie, who insulted Southerners first.
And if you can't take a little mocking once in a while don't dish it out.
By
ミス・イギリス, at Monday, 15 May, 2006
and Josh, it isn't wise to use such violent language about me, poetic or not.
By
ミス・イギリス, at Monday, 15 May, 2006
Let's all relax and refrain from violence, regional discrimination and sniffing socks...
By
Global Bernie, at Monday, 15 May, 2006
YOU AREN'T EVEN SOUTHERN FOR FUCKS SAKE!!!
By
Chojin, at Monday, 15 May, 2006
i agree with psycho, the idea of British English is just daft. Like on all those american movies where they pipe on about some mong having a "British" accent. tis bloody retarded.
By
1234321, at Tuesday, 16 May, 2006
As it is common in Austria to talk of 'British English' I can't help being influenced by it and I admit that before coming to Britain I never even thought about it but, yes, I agree. There isn't even an English, there are Englishes. As there are Germans and Austrians.
But you could say that each and every dialect and accent in Britain is one type of British English (like, Scouse is a British English accent), couldn't you?
By
Global Bernie, at Tuesday, 16 May, 2006
You know, i reckon "English" is a plural. Just like "fish". geddit? lolz
By
1234321, at Tuesday, 16 May, 2006
I got the idea from Bill Crystal who published a book called 'The Future of Englishes' in 2000...
By
Global Bernie, at Tuesday, 16 May, 2006
When are you guys going home btw? Now that the exams are nearly over.
By
Global Bernie, at Tuesday, 16 May, 2006
ZZZZzzz you guys are boring
By
Anonymous, at Tuesday, 16 May, 2006
I'm going to visit my very gorgeous ladyfriend, and then come back, and then go home prolly at the end of the month.
By
1234321, at Wednesday, 17 May, 2006
Super color scheme, I like it! Good job. Go on.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Great site lots of usefull infomation here.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Super color scheme, I like it! Keep up the good work. Thanks for sharing this wonderful site with us.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
This site is one of the best I have ever seen, wish I had one like this.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Your site is on top of my favourites - Great work I like it.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
Very pretty site! Keep working. thnx!
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
I'm impressed with your site, very nice graphics!
»
By
Anonymous, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006
I'm about to piss myself... i've just got back from london, fighting in a cage, and i've got some half-wit telling what language i can and can't use... how the hell can language be violent.... vanderlei silva yes, but violence?!! I wasn't even speaking about her anyway.... I said ANYONE who thinks...... lol
By
Anonymous, at Monday, 22 May, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home