------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

That's all Folks!

So this concludes this academic year. Today was phonetics exam, the last exam of all. It went fairly well considering that I was pretty cream crackered and had to rely on Red Bull power.
Thanks to the inventor of that stuff...
And this leaves me for the other plans for the near future - getting more work, moving and getting wasted. lol




We're free! Woo!




8 Comments:

  • yeah, good shot eh? lol
    btw, i've been watching some 'Bleach' just before. not bad!

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  

  • ps RE there's no kanii for english...
    http://www.sljfaq.org/w/Beikoku

    By Blogger ミス・イギリス, at Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  

  • In fact, there are kanji for Britain - 英国 - えいこく
    This usage, however, is fairly unusual. I at least stick to the common イギリス...

    Btw, do you know what 墺太利 is? :-)

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  

  • No. But if you knew this, why did you tell me there wasn't a kanji for England the other day!?
    I knew I'd seen one. We had to use it in the GCSE.

    By Blogger ミス・イギリス, at Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  

  • Have I? I must be starting to get forgetful...
    Anyways, if you know 'igirisu' you don't really have to know the kanji-word. imho.

    What I wrote second was the very, very uncommon kanji for Austria. :)

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Wednesday, 17 May, 2006  

  • Or in speach i have tend to find イングランド Becoming more and more widely used, especially amongst youngsters.

    英国 Is mainly going to be used in written form, and probably when talking about history, literature or other quite serious stuff right?

    By Blogger Chojin, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Probably. I only know it in the case of 米国 which I frequently heard in the news and when talking about economics.

    イングランド could be related to the football team too?

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Thursday, 18 May, 2006  

  • Re: There isn't a kanji for england the kanji read ei means superb or splendid. It is just used for England. They also use a kanji for America. They (the japanese) started to use kanji for other countries but they have gradually been replaced by katakana just as the kanji for animals have been

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 22 May, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home