------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Monday, May 29, 2006

Wanderlust

On Saturday the weather finally got a bit better again - enough reason for me to escape the confinement of my own four walls and to mount my bike for a little outing. So, first the weather wasn't half bad and I decided to go to Chester which I really love in sunshine, only to get into a shower when I arrived there! Oh well, it wasn't really cold so I sought shelter under a tree and spent two hours or so reading. I know worse ways to spend a morning. And then, fortunately, the clouds broke and the sun was coming through so the rest of the day was great for strolling through the streets. Sunday then, after I got up with a slight headache, I thought I might as well take it easy and so I cycled up the River Mersey at a leasurely pace till I reached the Garston Riverside Reserve, a long stretch of green along the riverside with walkways crossing it - and immensly quiet, a good place for serious Sunday afternoon relaxation. I also took the opportunity to take some photos, as I always do.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home