Here cometh the summer sun...
Yesterday was the first truly warm day ever for me in Britain. Probably it wasn't so much the temperature but the rather intense sunrays were definitely announcing the advent of summer. Finally.
I woke around eight to see the stretch of grass outside my window drenched in the soft yellow of the morning sunshine and since it promised to be such a lovely day I decided not to do too much but to enjoy it to as great an extent as possible. After I'd picked up the last of my belongings at Cathedral Campus, handed in the keys and said goodbye to the place and the people I set aside the cardbord boxes and went out for a stroll down to the city. The air was placid and and full with those lush smells of early summer and when I reached the city centre I saw some small street parade moving through the central bus station. A lovely day for street parades.
Further on my way I got to Clayton Square with masses of people standing and sitting in front of the giant television screen, intently watching the match between England and Jamaica. It was only the 40th minute or so when I passed by but England was already in the lead with 4:0. Go England!
Finally I went to St. Johns Garden, which I for the first time saw in a summerly atmosphere. People walking past in sleeveless t-shirts, people playing football, people juggling, people sitting in little groups on the grass playing cards, people spreading out on the green reading.... and it was the latter that I did then, extensively alright. :-)
It was so soothing to see Liverpool in such a relaxed state, it makes you feel that humans are really human, and though quite often sullen and inconsiderate being able to share this wonderful day together with everyone else... and not even a single piece of litter caught my eyes on the walkways... haha.
Anyways, I hope the weather will stay like this all summer, I'm pretty sure that I'll have a great time then!!
I woke around eight to see the stretch of grass outside my window drenched in the soft yellow of the morning sunshine and since it promised to be such a lovely day I decided not to do too much but to enjoy it to as great an extent as possible. After I'd picked up the last of my belongings at Cathedral Campus, handed in the keys and said goodbye to the place and the people I set aside the cardbord boxes and went out for a stroll down to the city. The air was placid and and full with those lush smells of early summer and when I reached the city centre I saw some small street parade moving through the central bus station. A lovely day for street parades.
Further on my way I got to Clayton Square with masses of people standing and sitting in front of the giant television screen, intently watching the match between England and Jamaica. It was only the 40th minute or so when I passed by but England was already in the lead with 4:0. Go England!
Finally I went to St. Johns Garden, which I for the first time saw in a summerly atmosphere. People walking past in sleeveless t-shirts, people playing football, people juggling, people sitting in little groups on the grass playing cards, people spreading out on the green reading.... and it was the latter that I did then, extensively alright. :-)
It was so soothing to see Liverpool in such a relaxed state, it makes you feel that humans are really human, and though quite often sullen and inconsiderate being able to share this wonderful day together with everyone else... and not even a single piece of litter caught my eyes on the walkways... haha.
Anyways, I hope the weather will stay like this all summer, I'm pretty sure that I'll have a great time then!!




2 Comments:
ROFL, TEQUIIIILA IT MAKES ME HAPPY, C!
By
Chojin, at Tuesday, 06 June, 2006
On this occasion I'd like to quote Jackie Chan's boozer-master: "Du wirst sehen, im Wein liegt Kraft und Freude..." you'll see, wine gives you strength and joy :D
By
Global Bernie, at Tuesday, 06 June, 2006
Post a Comment
<< Home