------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Hundstage - Dog Days

Yesterday it was the beginning of my weekend and it was well hot, so after going to the library to check out a few things I decided to pack my stuff, get on the bike and go the few miles up to the beach of Crosby. Good decision, I realised when I got there at about ten, it was still early enough so that it wasn't too crowded, at some 25 degrees it was warm enough and a pleasant breeze was steadily blowing up from the south. So after cycling the beach up and down once I settled for a nice little spot sheltered from the wind and spread out my beach towel. And then the time had finally come for me to go for a swim in the sea again after some eight years! Yeah, I couldn't believe it myself but the last time I actually swam in the sea was in Croatia in 1998!
The sea water, being in the northern parts of the Atlantic, as opposed to the Mediterranean, was pleasantly cool and also not too dirty (ok, I have to add here that I'm somewhat tolerant...) and I spent a few hours bathing and reading there. Then I went back, for at five there was the first match of the world cup, scheduled to be shown on the big screen in Liverpool. Only when I got there and turned five, there were a few football fans gathered there but the screen still showed persistently some cooking show - and no signs of switching to the match anytime soon. As I was about to gather up my stuff and leave some ten minutes later, all of a sudden a bloke with an Irish accent approaches me and asks if he can speak with me about football. "Sure, go ahead and speak", I say and it turns out that he's an interviewer from Liverpool's City Radio and that he wants some opinions about the world cup. Okay, so he asks me like what team I support, if I'd rather see a partially fit Rooney or a top fit other striker playing and so on and then I end up saying "You're listening to the world cup on City Radio Sport" in Japanese and German. Haha, so you might hear me on the radio soon. If anyone listens, that is... :-)
So, after that interlude I finally packed up my things and went to the student union bar where they had the game on, I bought myself a nice pint of Carling and watched the match there. Germany - Costa Rica 4:2. Gooooooo, Germany!!!
After seeing a good game I went home and as a good conclusion to a good day I cooked spaghetti. Hmmm...

Today it's even hotter, so I'm wearing my Jesus sandals... :D



2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home