------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Fist impressions.

So, it's Sunday evening now and I've spent my first weekend back in Austria. Of course it had to be something traditional and there the gathering of lederhosen enthusiasts in the village of Windischgarsten was just the right place to go. So that's what my parents and I did on Saturday and today we went pedal boating on the Lake Stausee Klaus...


Lederhosen convention in Windischgarsten...


...where you can see down-to-earth people...


...listen to traditional Volksmusik...


...and get nutritious food like this ox roasted on a spit.


Hmmm....


Lederhosen only for blokes? Nah. Here's the 'Miss Lederhosen'!


Of course the beer's gotta flow...


Yes!


This weekend, in Windischgarsten there wasn't only the lederhosen convention but also the VW Beetle convention. Here I met Herbie - Number 53...


And on the way home we stopped for a walk around Lake Gleinkersee...


...saw cows...


...and horses...


...and a waterfall.


Today we went pedal boating on the Lake Stausee Klaus...


...where I had this grilled mackerel, a specialty that you can get around holiday resorts in Austria.


And in the evening we went to mass at the cloister church in the township of Kremsmuenster.


Afterwards we went for a stroll and came past the Kremsmuenster observatory...


...from where you have a nice view on the city. I found it was a pretty good weekend.

2 Comments:

  • the girl in the black is hot, shame about the other two bern.

    How do the locals compare to their scouse cousins?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Monday, 31 July, 2006  

  • @jim: haha, that girl in black is my neighbour's daughter :-)

    @joel: then come to austria mate, you're welcome anytime. and you won't only find horses but also donkeys and, best of all, goats. lol.

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Monday, 31 July, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home