------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Friday, September 15, 2006

One more to the Mutterland!

Here are some pictures I took in Austria that didn't find their way to my blog because I didn't have time or couldn't be bothered with the slow internet connection.



This here is Castle Burg Altpernstein, some 30 mins. from my parents' house.


Me, standing near the source of the River Krems


Cycling through the small township of Micheldorf in the vicinity of which there are some very nice cycle paths.


This is the secondary school I went to from 1994 to 1998.


Sunset in the township of Schlierbach, where my brother and my dad went to school.


Sailing boats on Lake Attersee


Me on Mt. Schoberstein


Nostalgic steam engine at the train station Rohr - Bad Hall, where I used to commute from between 1998 and 2003.


Extremely heavy rainfall in Innsbruck - one of the heaviest I've ever seen


View from Bergisel near Innsbruck


Innsbruck at night


Me in Klagenfurt, Carinthia


Standing under the Eiffel Tower without leaving Austria? That's possible. In the 'Minimundus' village of architectural models of landmarks from all over the world.


Inside the AEC (Ars Electronica Centre) in Linz, a museum of innovative electronic applications which is renowned throughout the world. Here you can enjoy virtual flights over Austrian cities.


...and this here is the 'robotic chair', a chair that has the ability to re-assemble itself after being disassembled, using its sensors.


The outdoor pool of Kremsmunster, where I spent hours and hours of my childhood


The landscape of one of my favourite routes for walks at nighttime.


Great fresco in the abbey church of Wilhering Abbey


On my last outing before leaving Austria I went to the Czech Republic. This here is the Abbey of Vissy Brod.


Nighttime view of Cesky Krumlov

2 Comments:

  • i went to the czech republic too... I saw my friend colin the powerlifter/artist/opera singer. Did you see him bern? He is 56, 21 stone, wears flipflops in daily life and often sings opera in the middle of prague... 'bit of a character'

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at Friday, 15 September, 2006  

  • Didn't get as far as to Prague though... still enjoyed it hell of a lot! The painted facades of Cesky Krumlov are unique and uniquely beautiful (even been declared UNESCO World Cultural Heritage) and Czech beer's simply great!!

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Monday, 18 September, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home