------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Sunday, October 08, 2006

As evenings should be.

After hours of studying Japanese in the morning and writing various emails and reading in the afternoon, yesterday evening was really as I imagine a relaxed and laid-back evening, sorta my ideal. At eight or so I went over to Jim's room, Joel and Chris were already hangin out there and while Joel handled his guitar, Jim had a go at Final Fantasy VII in Japanese and Chris was sharing his insider infos from having completed the game like 1000 times I had a look at the sometimes interesting Japanese phrases and Jim and I discussed possible translations. Togetherness. Next thing we played some Super Mario again, one of the few console games where I can actually keep up with my console-keen mates. When it came to watching some videos then, Wallace & Gromit was on and at the sight of Wallace getting some crackers out of the cupboard Jim exclaimed: "I'd well be up for some crackers and cheese!" Problem: we had none of these in the house. Solution: Tesco Express. 10 minutes walk, arrival, astonishment. About one hour before closing they were selling out all their sandwiches for absolutely ridiculous prices. I got four prawn-mayonnaise sandwiches, my all-time favourite, for like one quid. 1/5 of the original retail price. 1/10 of the ripoffs at the student shop. The pick of the month! From now on you'll probably see me hangin out at Tesco at like half eleven every other day... :-)
Anyway, with our cheapo-food and crackers and cheese we were returning, watching some videos again. Somehow we came to talk about Austria and German stuff and Jim put that cool dubbed version of the Austrian "Kasperl" (similar to the British Punch and Judy) on. It's actually well dodgy but also dead funny and as it's of course in German and I wanted my mates to understand the jokes I gave interpreting a try for the first time. And really, it worked. I think they found it funny, despite not understanding the original language. Quite reassuring for me!
Then some more Beavis and Butthead, then those Super Mario cartoons, that are so cheesy that they're good again already, some prawn sandwiches, a chicken fajita and going to bed at around one.
So nice to have been able to spend an evening where no one was boozing for a change, no noisy locations and no buying of hopelessly over-priced drinks. Couchpotatoship rules!!

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home