------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Monday, November 13, 2006

Je comprends un peu le français...

As some of you might know, I've been studying French recently. And finally I got to a level where I can read / understand very, very basic texts and simple books. So I started reading "Histoire d'ours", a book about a family of bears that travels to Paris and explores the city.
Of course I had to start translating too, as I really like translating, and so I did the first chapter (I translated it to German). The translation can be found here. I left out a word or two and guessed another couple but that's about it and apart from that it went really smoothly! It was a real joy translating it!
Voilà! I can understand some French! Hahaha...

3 Comments:

  • Hey Bern, do you still have those books I lent you?
    Please may I have them back (or, if the rest are still in use, please may I have 'The Five People You Meet In Heaven' back) becasue I have a queue of people who want to borrow stuff.

    Thanks

    Re the french- try Le Petit Prince. It's a bit tricky, but if you're up for the challenge, I have it in French here, and you can buy the English version from most bookshops.

    By Blogger ミス・イギリス, at Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  

  • I'm really sorry, Charlie, that must have completely slipped my mind. Of course I still have them they're sittin right there on my bookshelf! I didn't manage to read them all but as I definitely won't have the time to now I can return them to you. Thanks a lot, "The Five People you Meet in Heaven" was a great read!!

    Re Le Petit Prince: I'm always up to a challenge, I find French really interesting and although I wouldn't be able to finish it yet I'd still love to have a look at it - to browse a little - and to note the publisher as well so that I can order it off Amazon at a later date.

    By Blogger Global Bernie, at Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  

  • you're welcome to come and pick up le petit price whenever you want. flat 414.

    My copy is quite good as it's got notes in English. It's a very philisophical book.

    By Blogger ミス・イギリス, at Wednesday, 15 November, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home