------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Back in Liverpool.

My Austrian companionship's gone home to Austria and I'm back in Liverpool now, busying myself with packing and other stuff. The few days of sightseeing were nice and although I was sort of a tour guide responsible for a good outcome of the holiday I found it pretty enjoyable too. Some of the sights in Liverpool were a bit boring, of course, as I'd seen them plenty of times before but I also got to do things I normally don't do too often such as eating out. And the day we spent in London still carried some of the excitement of novelty, even for me, as I'd only been to London three or four times. And of course that completely new feeling of walking British streets talking German all the time... :-)
In Liverpool I pretty much gave them the standard tour - Albert Dock, the cathedrals, the Royal Liver Building, some nice views from the banks of the Mersey, Beatles Story museum, Maritime Museum, things like that... and naturally one day in London passes more quickly than you'd like.
Anyway, I've got a few more things to do in Liverpool and then I'll fly home on the 6th.
Here a few impressions of our holiday:

It wasn't quite Boxing Day - but there were still loads of boxes around... ;-)

Thumbs up for the Full English, yey!

Streets of Liverpool...

Picadilly Circus.

The three of us, shortly before midnight, waiting for the fireworks.

Fireworks launched from the London Eye.

Crowds at Trafalgar Square - simply overwhelming.

Hyde Park - a paradise for man, dogs and water birds.

Guard at Buckingham Palace.

Ye Olde Swiss Cottage - a rather curious thing to be found in an English city...

Tower Bridge at night.

The London skyline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home