------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Friday, January 12, 2007

Greetings from Vienna.

So, after quite a long time without updates on my blog here the latest from me.
Last Saturday I reached Austria safely, no sign of fog and the plane even arrived early. Reunion with my family, again. Hiking in the mountains on Sunday, it was just great! Yes, I’m a real outdoor person, love going for walks and hiking, no matter what the weather is like. This might imply things but more about that later.
Anyway, on Monday I moved into my new room in Vienna which wasn’t much more than a normal, sparsely furnished student room until me and my dad started showing off our DIY skills: buying supplies on Monday and working all of Tuesday and almost all of Thursday – cutting, drilling, constructing shelves, fitting in fridge and freezer, placing microwave oven and the like we upgraded it to a small apartment which may well be called “student flat”. Thursday night I started unpacking and although everything’s still terribly unorganised it’s starting to look homey now and I’ve already noticed three nice things about my new home: the quietness in the evenings (no listening to music loudly at night, yes, some discipline can be found in this world after all!) and the absence of road noise and the absolutely stunning view (due to the room being on the 10th floor – and yes, fortunately there’s a lift).
I know I’m gonna love it, big time. Tonight I already showed the room to my bro and Jasmin, they liked it as well. Especially the view, of course. :-)
Now I’m going to my parents’ over the weekend and on Monday I’ll pay a visit to the registration office to officially become a citizen of Vienna!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home