------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

What's "dog" in French?

Just finished my latest translation exercise. As I love languages and dogs and as I'm studying French at the moment I thought I might as well combine both and translate French articles about dogs.
And that's what I did: I visited the website www.chien.com - La Monde Francophone du Chien (chien is dog in French) and translated the description of my absolute favourite - the Labrador Retriever.
I was quite astonished that I was able to do it - well, I admit that I had to guess here and there (after all, why else would God have passed us the law of probability?) but most of it was understood and processed. Might translate the same description into German too some day but for now here's the German version. The Labrador Retriever.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home