------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Sunday, February 04, 2007

Fosterlings - facing a decision...

Yesterday afternoon I went out to the animal shelter of Vosendorf to have a closer look at the dogs there for finding out for what dog I'd make a good foster daddy. So I went to the D stables again where I already know a few people - Claudia, Denise and Christian - and also a few dogs. First I had to wait for some time as all the caretakers were busy but then Denise, one of them, invited me to come along and see the so-called "cat test": in order to find out if he gets along with cats, we took Gandalf, one of the dogs, out of his kennel, put a muzzle on and took him to the cat section to see how he'd react - he was totally calm and only sniffed them a bit and so he'd get the label "gets along with cats" which will be of advantage to him for finding a new family.
Then Christian, also one of the caretakers, showed me around the D stables and pointed out all the dogs he thought would be suitable and we also took two of them out for a short walk: Bongo, a Jack Russell Terrier mix and Aron, a Labrador mix and I really liked them both although I'm tending towards Aron. Soon I'll go there again to have a look at a few more dogs and then, eventually, I'll have to make a decision what dog to take on as my fosterling...
The photos are not of the actual dogs, actually, I didn't take any photos yesterday - so I picked photos with dogs bearing a resemblance from the internet again.

Bongo is a Jack Russell Terrier mix...

...and Aron a Labrador mix - surprisingly no one's taken them home yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home