------ @@ ..:Global Bernie's Blog:.. @@ ------

**--- also check out my translations: http://globertran.blogspot.com ---**

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Things to do on a foggy Saturday...

When I looked out of the window this morning the sight that showed itself to me was different - because there was no sight at all but only heavy fog. Well, what to do on a day like this? I went to a sauna for the first time in Vienna.
Luckily, the sauna here wasn't really different from the saunas in Upper Austria, where I grew up, it was clean, spacious, people enter it naked and dry and sit on towels. I've always found it sort of disgusting to sit in a sauna in wet swimshorts... it's also nice, by the way, that people only enter and exit the sauna at predetermined times so there's no steady fluctuation...
And there is also an Aufguss*, the climax of each sauna session - both in temperature and enjoyment. I've simply used the German term as I just can't seem to find an English equivalent for it - maybe because in English speaking countries Aufguss and sauna in general is not so common... see below for what it means...
Anyway, I found this sauna afternoon really enjoyable, you guys should go to the sauna more often too, it's really good for your health - and then, to finish off this nice day properly I went to the cinema to see "Chanson D'Amour", the new film with Gerard Depardieu (just in case it's title is different in English...)
Hopefully the weather will be a bit better tomorrow!

*Aufguss: A word common to German sauna terminology. It is when someone stands up to pour some water (often mixed with nicely scented essential oils) on the sauna stove to instantly raise the moisture level in the chamber to about 40-50%. Takes place in regular intervals - usually every 30 minutes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home